We and our partners use technology, like cookies, and gather information that is browsing to personalise the information and advertisements and to give you the very best experience.
Please let us know whether you agree.
Matteo Trentin regained the outcome of Britain’s Tour after finishing third in phase five.
The 174.1km stage, which began and finished in Birkenhead with the route taking the riders throughout Cheshire, was obtained by Dutch driver Dylan Groenewegen.
Groenewegen finished in the same time as Britain’s Matt Walls and Trentin.
Trentin, riding for Mitchelton-Scott, retains a lead over Dutch fisherman Mathieu van der Poel.
Thirty-year-old Trentin today holds a three-second benefit and was top but fell before reclaiming top place a day later.
The sixth of eight phases takes place on Thursday and also will be a 14.4km individual time trial in Pershore, Worcestershire.
After winning point one from Glasgow to Kirkcudbright on Saturday and stage three from Berwick although he sits 61st 41, groenewegen’s success on stage five was his third in five days of this contest.
With three phases remaining, you’ll find 3 British riders in the top 20. Ben Swift out of Team Ineos is sixth, Matthew Holmes of Madison Genesis is 15th using Swiftcarbon Guru Cycling’s James Shaw in 19th.
1. Dylan Groenewegen (Ned/Team Jumbo-Visma) 3hrs 57mins 31secs
2. Matt Walls (GB/Great Britain Cycling Team) same time
3. Matteo Trentin (Ita/Mitchelton-Scott)
4. Cees Bol (Ned/Team Sunweb)
5. Davide Cimolai (Ita/Israel Cycling Academy)
1. Matteo Trentin (Ita/Mitchelton-Scott) 21hrs 33mins 55secs
2. Mathieu Van der Poel (Ned/Corendon-Circus) + 3 secs
3. Jasper de Buyst (Bel/Lotto-Soudal) + 10 secs
4. Simon Clarke (Aus/EF Education First) + 17 secs
5. Mike Teunissen (Ned/Team Jumbo-Visma) + 18 secs
6. Ben Swift (GB/Team Ineos) + 22 secs
Is your billionaire philanthropist at the center of a global conspiracy?
Road BMX, mountain and several more – there are many ways and reasons to begin cycling.
Got a significant cycling race? Ensure you make the most of your hot up for this 20-minute guide.
Read more: nba finals odds