TAUGHT BY: Class of Public Wellness
Duration regarding the program having a full-time research load. Learning part-time shall expand the timeframe of the program.
If period just isn’t available (N/A) the offering might engage in a more substantial program.
This program was created to give you expert understanding and abilities within the certain part of sexology. You may examine research that is recent relates to the biological, mental and social components of human being sex, and you’ll additionally learn different research techniques.
You’ll be supplied with a thorough history on sexology, an in-depth post on intimate and reproductive general public health problems, an introduction to forensic sexology, and a chance to explore sexology from social views. Also, you will definitely review your attitudes and values in an environment that is sex-positive.
Please be aware: Media product of a nature that is sexually graphic utilised in this program.
Please make reference to the handbook for extra program overview information.
That which you’ll discover
- use axioms and principles of sexology along with other associated procedures such as general general general public wellness, biology, behavioural sciences, ethics in addition to legislation to research and training
- interpret and critically analyse topics and dilemmas highly relevant to sexology; think creatively to come up with revolutionary approaches to market healthy sexuality that is human
- access, evaluate and synthesise information that is relevant the training of sexology; demonstrate abilities in ethical thinking
- talk to experts and community users to advertise sexology utilizing effective written and communication that is oral improve sexology research into the medical community making use of effective ways of interaction
- effectively utilize new and existing technologies to gather information, analyse information and communicate; accumulate and manage information ethically and effectively
- demonstrate cap cap cap ability in interdependent and learning that is self-directed professional development in the area of sexology
- recognise and use perspectives that are international axioms to sexology
- demonstrate understanding and respect for individual peoples legal rights and diversity that is cultural
- work skillfully and ethically across a variety of settings; show a advanced level amount of self-reliance and leadership
Why study Graduate Diploma in Sexology
- Integrate understanding of the biological, mental and social components of individual sexuality into the expert control.
- This program keeps exceptional professional affiliations. They attract regional, interstate and students that are international ensuring greater networking possibilities beyond Perth and Australia.
- Our sexology system ended up being granted the World that is prestigious Association Sexual wellness ‘Award for Excellence & Innovation in Sexuality Education’ for 2007. This can be just awarded every couple of years and it is extremely competitive along with scheduled programs around the world mail order bride eligible to use. Curtin ended up being the university that is first win this prize.
Upon graduation you might be entitled to account associated with community of Australian Sexologists (SAS), which will be user of this World Association for Sexual Health. You may get an expert name being a Psychosexual Therapist and/or Sexuality Educator from SAS after conclusion of guidance demands. Needs for such games far away vary.
Our graduates established professions in several industries, including:
- intercourse treatment, training, consultancy and research
- son or daughter and elder security
- intimate health policy development
- peoples legal rights
- cyber-safety training
- wellness advertising
- youth work
- medical and danger management
- forensic evaluation.
Admission criteria for Australian and New Zealand students
Australia / Brand New Zealand pupils
Pupil type toggle
A recognised degree in among the wellness vocations, social work or welfare studies, therapy, theology, training, behavioural sciences, including sociology, anthropology or biological sciences or associated areas.
You will have to offer information that is supplementary the job.
Curtin requires all candidates to show proficiency in English. Certain English needs because of this program are as outlined into the IELTS table below. More information on what you are able to meet up with the requirement that is english be located from the English proficiency web web web page.
|IELTS Academic (Overseas English Language Testing System)|
|general musical organization rating||7.0|
Pearson Test of English Academic: 60
Certification in Advanced English (CAE): Grade C
Important program prerequisites
A bachelor level in a expert wellness industry, social work or welfare studies, psychology, theology, training, biological sciences or behavioural sciences, including sociology or anthropology.
It is important to submit additional information with the job.
You must study on-campus and full-time if you are studying in Australia on a student visa.
Other demands and notes with this program
The mid-year consumption is part-time research just. This will expand the program length. Mid-year consumption just isn’t accessible to students that are international.
As well as the admission that is course-specific mentioned above, please read our basic admission requirements. Our basic admission criteria connect with all courses at Curtin University.
Advanced standing credit that is / recognition of previous learning
Australia / Brand Brand New Zealand pupils
Student type toggle
At Curtin, we recognize that everyone’s research journey happens to be various.
You might have previously studied a few of the units (topics) placed in your Curtin course, or perhaps you might have work experience that fits the amount needs.
If this applies to you, you can easily make an application for credit for recognised learning (CRL), which means that your past research is recognised and compared to an unit that is similar your intended Curtin program.
A effective CRL application exempts you against needing to finish specific devices in your course and means you might complete your level in a smaller length of time.
CRL can be referred to as recognition of prior learning, advanced level standing and credit transfer.
Make use of the CRL search to discover just how much CRL you be eligible for a, or call us at:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 1300 222 888
At Curtin, we recognize that everyone’s scholarly research journey happens to be different.
You may possibly have currently examined a number of the devices (topics) placed in your Curtin program at another academic organization, or perhaps you could have work experience that fits their education demands.
A CRL that is successful application you against needing to finish particular devices in your program and means you can complete your level in a reduced period of time.
CRL can also be referred to as recognition of previous learning, advanced level standing and credit transfer.
Make use of the CRL search to discover exactly just how much CRL you be eligible for, or e mail us at: